Conservatory - Week 3, Day 5

General / 08 November 2019

Today I put together my terracotta trim sheet and applied it to my plant pots.



  

I just took the materials I had made the day before and blended them using masks:


  

In Unreal Engine I set a blueprint for the UV offset to be random within the 4 terracotta version when the plant pot is moved. I also added a scalar parameter multiplied by the albedo to have a variation on how dark the material is, so I could have more variety even though I only have 4 versions of the material. The UV Offset variable is an array with the numbers 0, 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75 (locations on the UV map where each material starts). It goes through a "Get copy" node with the "Random Integer in Range" having a minimum of 0 and maximum of 3 index (the 4 variables from the UV Offset array). This blueprint was partly a continuation of the one I made for the book cover colour variation in the previous project, plus some help from my colleague and tech artist Sophie Pette.



  


I also finished making the duvet. I used Marvelous Designer to create the high poly mesh (following this tutorial):

I then brought it into Zbrush and used ZRemesher to get a more sensible topology I could work on. I further cleaned the topology in 3Ds Max, bringing  and brought it into Marmoset to bake it. This is how it looks like in Engine:


The material on the duvet is a tiling fabric, and the Baked map is blended with the tiling normal with different UV coordinates: